Sunday, September 20, 2009

Life's Storms

I have some very special people in my life who are all facing different "storms" in their lives. I find that I turn to music, and God, when I am facing hard times. My cousin is in a Christian music group, and I am proud to say that they sing one of the most amazing songs dealing with turning to God during the hard times. "Praise you in this Storm" is not a new song, but it was given a whole new meaning to me when Mark and I went through our losses. The words would chill me to the bone because it was exactly how I was feeling. I hope that if you haven't heard this song, you will make it a point to do so. Here are the lyrics:

Praise you in this Storm by Casting Crowns
I was sure by now, God you would have reached down
and wiped our tears away,
stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say Amen, but it's still raining

As the Thunder Rolls,
I barely hear you whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you",
And as your mercy falls,
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
and takes away,

And I'll praise you in this storm, and I will lift my hands,
for you are who you are, no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried you hold in your hand,
You never left my side, and though my heart is torn,
I will praise you in this storm

I remember when I stumbled in the wind,
You heard my cry to you
And you raised me up again,
My strength is almost gone,
How can I carry on if I can't find you

But as the thunder rolls,
I barely hear you whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"
And as your mercy falls,
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
and takes away.

And I'll praise you in this storm, and I will lift my hands,
for you are who you are ,no matter where I am.
And every tear I've cried you hold in your hands,
You never left my side, and though my heart is torn,
I will praise you in this storm.

I lift my eyes unto the hills,
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and Earth!

1 comment:

  1. This is probably my most favorite song - I just read through the lyrics and this song is just incredible.

    ReplyDelete