Tuesday, April 5, 2011

2 Month Old Baby & 12 Women!

So, my little man is already 2 months old. It is amazing how the time has flown. We have really enjoyed it...and yesterday, it was back to work for this momma. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be...Mark actually called me at work to make sure I was there. :) I know that because my sister was watching him, I was totally fine with it. It would have been totally different had  I dropped him off at a daycare.(nothing against daycare..but Aunt Christie is so much better.) My mom has him today, so I am quite certain he will be thoroughly spoiled by the time I get home.

Work has been great. It is so nice to work with people who have kids and who have been there. They totally understand why I have changed clothes after going home for lunch b/c I have been puked/peed on. Too funny. I just love being a Mom. It is the most rewarding thing and most important job I have ever had. I am just still so thankful that God gave Reid to us. All of the struggles to get him were more than worth it and make total sense now. I knew there was a baby especially for us...and I was right. He is precious.

SO, something came up in a book I am reading called Twelve Extraordinary Women (how God shaped the women of the Bible and what he wants to do with you.) I was reading about Hannah--who also had trouble having a baby. In this chapter it discusses how the most important thing a godly mother could do is love her husband. It went on to say that a family should not be centered around the love for your children...that your marriage should be the center of a thriving family. This of course struck a nerve in this new momma. I mean, I love Mark...but I am supposed to love him first?? Before Reid?? Yes, that's right. I even joked with Mark about it. I guess because my love for Reid comes so easily...there is nothing he could do to make me love him less. It is unconditional, and let's be honest, love for the husband is a little more conditional. However, I totally agree with what the book says. I thought that since it left such an impression with me that I would pass it along. Being married is definitely not the easiest thing to do sometimes especially in this day and time, but I just pray for God to bless not only my marriage, but the marriages of all of our friends and family. These days are filled with divorce, adultery, dead beat mom's & dads etc, and it totally breaks my heart. If you don't think that these kinds of things can happen to you in your marriage and in your family, you are mistaken. Satan doesn't discriminate when it comes to temptation etc. I think about the Casting Crowns song "Slow Fade"... "Be careful if you think you stand...you just might be sinking." This has just been put on my heart because of so many people I know who are going thru some really tough situations right now. I just feel like if YOU aren't praying for your marriage--who is? When people start putting themselves/worldly things before their husband/kids, nothing good will ever come out of it. It truly is a "Slow Fade." If you have never seen this video, please watch it. It gives me chills every time...how one decision can change not only the rest of your life but the lives of your spouse and children. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QASREBVDsLk

1 comment:

  1. Love this. It's so true about marriages. Satan wants to destroy what God put together. It's up to us to guard and protect our marriages!!

    ReplyDelete