REID IS HERE!! He is the best blessing we have ever received 2 weeks before we expected it! :) After the Super Bowl, Mark and I were getting ready for bed, and my water broke. Of course, as I had no idea what to expect, I told him.."honey, I think my water broke..." He was like, "don't say that..." Haha. I wish we had our conversation recorded because it was hilarious. It went on with both of us saying..."are we ready?" "when does this mean we will have a baby?" "what do we do?". Little did we know at 10:30 Sunday night that it would actually be 7:29 Monday night before we met our miracle.
Labor wasn't the most fun thing I have ever done (AT ALL...I mean I told Mark that Reid was going to be an only child right there during delivery), but it was definitely the most rewarding. After 2 hours of hard pushing, the most beautiful little boy was born to the most proud and thankful parents. He is now 1 month 2 days old. These first few weeks have been rough at times. You try everything you know to do, and he is still upset. However, he has the sweetest face I have ever seen, and it totally melts my heart and makes the late nights and every 2-3 hour feedings so worth it. In all actuality,he is a great baby. We have only had a handful of bad days and nights in 4 weeks.
Mark and I wonder what in the world we did before he got here. Everything we do now, we do with his best interest in mind. We are so thankful that God picked us to be his parents, and we will never forget our road to get to this point. I told Mark the other day that I feel like I was made to be his mom, and that is the most amazing feeling.
Mark is the best dad. He is very hands on and so in love with his little man. I absolutely love that about him...and even though I didn't think I could love him more, seeing him with Reid makes me totally fall in love with him all over again. I'm not saying that these last 4 weeks have been bliss and stress free between us, but I can say that it has been an amazing 4 weeks that we will cherish...tired and all.
I am so incredibly happy right now. Our family and friends have been so excited. Between our parents and my sisters, it has been quite hilarious. Wendy requests daily "Reid pictures", and Christie competes with the Grandmothers when it comes to "Reid time." We love it.
So...I guess it is time to introduce our little man who has stolen all of our hearts!! :) LOVE this baby boy more than words can say!
On Giving Thanks in the Thick of It
10 years ago



Congratulations, he is beautiful!! I am still waiting for my little man to make an appearance. Hoping he decides to come in the next few days:) I hope you are enjoying every minute with your sweet boy!!
ReplyDelete