Friday, June 3, 2011

Happy Anniversary to us! :)

5 years ago today, I married my best friend. Mark and I have been together for so long, it is hard remember a time when we weren't doing everything together. (let's just say, we had a long courtship since we started in high school) So far, it has been a crazy ride, and I wouldn't have it any other way. We can argue with the best of them, but we love even bigger. I am certain that being married 5 years makes me NO expert, but if I have learned anything from our marriage, and the marriages around us, it is the importance to marry someone you have FUN with. True, genuine, fun. I hope we never stop having fun, and I pray for our marriage all the time. Being blessed with a precious marriage and family is not by accident...God had this planned for us, and we are so thankful. Now, he has blessed us with the start of what I call "our little family." Reid has already made this anniversary even more special. I told him yesterday that Daddy and I had been waiting on him since the 2 year anniversary, and he sure was worth the wait.

We are planning a dinner and movie night out tomorrow night, and Mimi has offered to watch Reid for us.  If we do that, it will be the first time we have gone out to eat without him...I'll let you know how that goes. :)

We are doing a Bible study called "The Fundamentals of Faith" by John McArthur, and I wanted to end with something that was in our lesson last night. This lesson was all about who God is and his characteristics. All of them are equally important, but I told Mark last night that one of my favorites is Mercy. None of us who are going to Heaven are getting what we deserve...we are all sinners and we don't deserve Heaven, BUT it is his Mercy that allows us His forgiveness. (if you accept Him) Isn't mercy amazing? I certainly think so, and I am so thankful for it. Romans 5:8 says that "While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." That puts it in perspective huh? At the time of your salvation, God knew your past, present & FUTURE sins, and he let you in His family anyway...that is unconditional love. I think I will end on that note...I am just so glad that I know that I know that I know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment