Thursday, June 16, 2011

Things I COULDN'T have & things I WOULDN'T have ever done..I now do with a smile. (most of the time)

This blog post is for all of those moms and moms to be out there. It is literally hilarious the things that I never would have done before and things I never thought I could do before, that I am now able to do. Before Reid (BR), I would have never gone to the grocery store without any makeup on...shudder....I mean someone that I may have done their closing may see me and think "wow, she needs to hit her face with some foundation and some lipstick!!" This, I have done since having Reid, and it was almost liberating. BR, I would have never gone to sleep with my hair wet....get up the next morning looking like Medusa....and just blow dry my already dried hair, flat iron the crinkles out of it and go to work. This very act of laziness was performed just last night/this morning. BR, and even a little after he was here, I would have changed every time I got a little spit-up on me. Now, I have mastered the "wet wash cloth rub" as long as it is not too bad, of course.

With our little man also came things I never thought I could do. BR, I never thought I would be one of those Moms who could say "oh, the poop is just not that bad when it's your baby's"...when it is up to his NECK. This I have done several times...without gagging. BR, I had gotten into the routine of sleeping about 8 or 9 hours..In.A.Row. I never thought I could wake up and go right back to sleep. This is the one that is the most challenging for me, but I have adjusted pretty well. I'm not saying that I am the most pleasant person at 3 am, but I am up with my boy if he needs me to be. BR, I was terrified of the actual birth...and I was almost certain that I wouldn't be worth a flip without a scheduled C-section just as God intended...haha. However, I made it thru that too without the scheduled c-section, and although it was not the most fun thing I remember doing, it was the most beautiful. Those first moments with my little man are some of the most precious in my life. Finally, but most importantly, BR, I never knew how much I could love someone unconditionally upon first sight. You see, the first time I laid eyes on him, that was it. I was his Mommy, and my heart grew about 10X its original size. With that came a new heightened love for his daddy too. (which I also never knew was possible to love him any more than I did)

So, there have been lots of things that I thought I couldn't do and things I flat I wouldn't have done, but having Reid has opened my eyes to alot of things. Some things are not as important, and some things have taken a huge leap in importance. I love my crazy, sleep deprived, poop/spit up filled life. I couldn't think of a better way to spend my time. :)

James 1:17 "Every good and perfect gift is from above."

No comments:

Post a Comment