Yes, that is right. We officially have a one year old little boy. I know it has been forever since I posted, but I thought this little birthday is cause for a celebration on the blog. :) Right off the bat, I must say that I haven't posted my pictures from his birthday party, but I will soon.
I have been overly emotional today, tearing up several times beginning with this morning as I watched him sleeping. Just as I told my sisterinlaw in an email this morning: "The road from not knowing if we would ever have a child to having a one year old has been amazing." Mark and I visited The Church of Brookhills Sunday. David Platt preached on "The Authority of God" v. "The Will of God." This totally took me back to our "trying to have a baby" days. You see, I never doubted God's ability to give us a child, however, I was terrified that it might not be in His will for us to have children. Right or wrong, that scared me to death. I was so afraid that God had something else planned for us that didn't involve us having biological children. After all, we are supposed to pray for God's will above our own wishes, which is so hard to do sometimes, as we are inherently selfish.
So, today, I am so very thankful for God's precious gift of Mark as my partner and Reid as our son. Last night, while Reid sat in my lap while we all 3 watched TV together, Mark and I just looked at each other...we didn't have to say a word. We knew exactly what the other was thinking...and we just smiled. What a blessing every day is, to be Reid's mommy and daddy. What a blessing that God allowed us to be parents to such an amazing little boy. He chose us....and oh what a blessing. I will never be able to live as gracefully and thankfully as I should. God blessed us in a way that I could never have imagined, in His own perfect timing. His plan was perfect...and I was so stupid (human) to question his plan. He knew exactly what we needed and when. He is perfect like that.
So, Happy Birthday to our little man! You are so special and bring us so much joy! We love you very much and are so proud to be your parents!
Ephesians 1:16 : "I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers."
"You pray in your distress and in your need; would that you might also pray in the fullness of your joy and in your days of abundance." Khalil Gibran
On Giving Thanks in the Thick of It
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment