I know that I have fallen off the face of the Earth on the blog-front, but I am back!! A little discussion at Bible study last night reminded me of why I started this blog. It was almost like a therapy to me to write about our life, even during the hard days of trying to have a baby. It was also a place that I thought I might could minister to women who might face the same thing I had gone through. I can't remember how many blogs I would read of complete strangers, who described in detail the way I was feeling. The gifts that I have been given from God include Mercy and Teaching, and I just hope that I can use them to the fullest, so that at the end of my life, Jesus will say "Well done, thou good and faithful servant." Don't take this the wrong way, I fail every single day, but I try to be the best I can be for Christ. As my friend Ginger says, "The devil is busy", and she is so right. So, that is just a little re-intro since it has been so long since I have shared anything on here!! I hope that people will find the humor and love in my life as a reflection of the love that I have for Jesus.
Our lives have been most definitely in the fast lane! Work has been blessed for Mark and me, in that we have been very busy for this time of year! We are certainly thankful. Since Reid's birthday, we have been going non-stop. He is getting so big!! It blows my mind all of the new things he learns every week. We are still blessed with my Mom keeping him for us while we work, and their relationship is so sweet. The comfort of having someone watch your child who loves him as much as you do, is amazing.
We have joined a church, which was on the top of the to-do list for this year. :-) We wanted to find a place where we both felt at home, and where we would feel comfortable raising (rearing for you grammar buffs) Reid. We loved and chose Church of the Highlands because the presence of God was there...every time we went. It was as though we were on the fast track to a better life with finding a church, leading a small group Bible study at our home with some very special women (while Mark entertains the kids), and getting involved in the Pre-school ministry. Mark was baptized for the first time and I since rededicating my life on our 6 year anniversary. We also dedicated our son to the Lord that day. To say that I felt closer to God in the months of May/June than I have in a long time, is an understatement. I know He has His hand on my family, and my prayer is that we will never lose sight of what that means.
The Bible study I have been leading has been such a blessing to me. "The Spiritual Disciplines of the Christian Life" sounded a little legalistic at first, but once you get into it, and realize that these disciplines are done out of love and to be more like Jesus...it made them all seem necessary and desirable to implement. Next week is our last week, and I must say, I am going to miss my Monday nights with these women. I notice myself being more aware of these disciplines that I had not given the proper amount of attention before. I notice blessings from this study in my relationship with Mark and Reid. I feel like I am more equipped now for doing what I am supposed to do with my life....grow the Kingdom of God and love my family.
For me, as I get older, time is just flying by at such a rapid pace, that it freaks me out a little. Alot actually. After all, I will be celebrating the second anniversary of my 29th birthday this year...whew! Where has the time gone? I am enjoying all of the little moments that make the best memories. I love my husband and my son, and I thank God for them daily. The most precious moments lately have come during our prayer with Reid at night-time. To see those sweet little hands together, and hear that little amen at the end lets me know that I am exactly where God wants me to be....that His plan was perfect for my life, and it is exciting to see what He is going to do next! What a precious love He has for us.
On Giving Thanks in the Thick of It
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment