Wednesday, October 21, 2009

One Year Older


Marlee getting pampered!

Well, my birthday was Sunday. I had a wonderful weekend. Friday, I had a spa party at our house. A very good friend of mine sells Beauti Control, and she came and did facials and lots of pampering! It was fabulous! My sister has booked one at her house, and I can't wait to go to it! I know, I am such a girl. Marlee was at this spa party, and anyone who knows her knows she is alot like me. She LOVED getting pampered. She ate it up! It was very nice to get to relax with some of the most important women in my life--my mom, Mrs. Jane, and Wendy....and one very special little girl--Marlee. It will be fun to see Hollie at the one at Wendy's!

Saturday, we were in football mode all day. We started watching Gameday as soon as we got up. It was about 9:00 am...all of the announcers had been talking about Florida all morning. Florida is #1 this and that...and all of a sudden, Marlee looked at me and said, "Florida may be like the #1 team in the United States right now, but not in my world." How hilarious is that? A girl who definitely knows her stuff early in life! As you can imagine, I was a very proud Aunt. We hung out all day..Mom, Marlee, Mark and me. It was wonderful. We had good food, and we watched the Alabama game in our PJ's. It was nice to relax all day and enjoy the football games that were on TV. Alabama beat South Caroline for Homecoming, and it was a happy night at our house!

Sunday, we got up to an absolutely beautiful--although a little chilly--morning. We went to church and heard an amazing message about how we need to be servants. He gave the example of Jesus washing the feet of the disciples at the Last Supper. I can't do the sermon justice, so I am not even going to try to re-tell it, but is was really awesome. Basically, we should stop thinking of ourselves all the time, and think about what we can do for Jesus. After church, we went to Wings with the Higginbotham's and my Mr. Tony and Mrs. Jane and had the most amazing cheese fries!! They probably went straight to my booty, but they were totally worth it!

All in all, it was a great weekend. I love birthdays. It just reminds me that I am very lucky and fortunate to be here one more year. Mark's birthday is in 8 days!! I love it. I am so thankful that God blessed me with such an amazing friend to spend the rest of my life with.

This coming weekend, we will be traveling to some haunted houses! Maybe, I can get some good pictures. We try to go every year, and it is always alot of fun. Mark doesn't even like scary movies, so you can imagine how excited he is about it. :)More to come....stay tuned!!

Psalm 51:10: "Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

"The Lord will either calm your storm....or allow it to rage while He calms you."

"If you have a song of faith in your heart, it will be heard by the look on your face."

No comments:

Post a Comment