Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Wedding, A Birth, and A great morning at Church!

Well, Tiff and Charlie are officially hitched and in Maui. It was a beautiful wedding. Everything was perfect right down to Laura singing "Get up" at the reception. haha. It was so much fun being with all the girls again. We do not get to see each other nearly enough. All day, we were a little worried that Gini would go into labor. She was certainly about to pop, and sure enough, today--two days after the wedding--Claire is here!! I hope she is ready for her 6 or so Zeta Aunts. :) I can't wait to meet her. I will post pictures when I have them.
Today, Mark and I both woke up at like 4:00 am. It was crazy...probably due to one of the dogs since we let them sleep with us last night. Anyway, I was so afraid that since neither one of us could seem to go back to sleep, that we would be sleepy when it came time to get up and get ready for church. Well, we may have yawned a few times during the service, but we went, and I am so glad. The preacher was not there today, but a speaker that goes around the globe debating with atheists was there. It was amazing to hear some of the things that he has to defend while representing Christians in these debates. The very basis of our existence is debated--some would rather believe that we came from aliens.

One thing that really touched my heart was the beliefs that true atheists have about children. You see, they believe that humans have no more value than animals. Therefore, a baby and a piglet are seen as equal. WHAT? Are these people crazy? We come from aliens, and babies are no better/more valuable than piglets? If that is not bad enough for you, let me just tell you what they think a mother should have the right to do. They (these staunch atheists) believe that a mother should have the right to wait 28 days after her child is born to decide whether or not to keep the baby. Yep, they think that the mother should be able to kill the baby within 28 days if she chooses. After he said this, my face got hot, my eyes filled with tears, and I was just so sad/mad for the heartless individual that came up with this crap--for lack of a better word. I know we are all entitled to our own opinion, but this is my blog, so I can call stuff crap when I see/hear it if I so chose.

Anyway, what I am getting to is that I know people who proclaim that they are atheists. I don't think that they understand what that means exactly....not a true atheist. So, I was going to put this out there. I am pretty sure that the people that I know who say they are atheists don't believe this...I sure hope not anyway. I am so thankful that there are men/women like our speaker today, who will travel to these debates, and get the views of Christians out there.

This week, I will turn one more year older. I am thankful for that. I am trying to get passed the "oh my gosh , I am so old" and move onto the "I am lucky/blessed to be turning one more year older". I am blessed to be able to spend time with my family/friends. I love my life as a wife, daughter, sister, Aunt, friend etc. The people that the Lord has blessed me with as family and friends are incredible. I just hope to be as much of a blessing to them as they are to me.

"Be content with what you have, for God has said, Never will I leave you; Never will I forsake you. So say with confidence, The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid." Hebrews 13:5-6

This one I got from Tebow Sat. night...It is what he had under his eyes: " In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." 1 Thess. 5:18

No comments:

Post a Comment