Today, my sweet, precious, crazy-fun best friend of a husband turns one year older!! I am so happy to be able to celebrate that with him. Anyone who knows me well, knows that I absolutely LOVE birthdays. I think my Mom has made me that way. She has always made such a big deal out of our birthdays.So....I in turn make birthdays a huge priority too---even for our dogs! (Abby's is Sunday) This morning, I was half asleep when Mark left for work. He has to get up and ready about thirty minutes before I do....and I just keep on snoozing. :) He kisses me every morning before he leaves for work. Well this morning, I was really sleeping good when he left. He came over kissed me on the cheek, and he was just about out of the bedroom door when I sat up and screamed, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" I had almost forgotten in my sleepy state of mind!! Not to worry though...I remembered. He thinks I am completely ridiculous, but I think he gets a kick out of it too.
Tonight, I am planning on cooking dinner, and having our pumpkins ready to carve. Hopefully, he will get off work in time to be able to relax and enjoy his birthday. He has already decided how he is going to carve his pumpkin, so I will have to post pics later.
So, Happy Happy birthday to Mark. I hope we celebrate many, many more birthdays, and I hope we are as happy as we are right now! I am so thankful to be his wife, and I can't wait to see him when he gets off work!
"How do we find the peace and simplicity we crave in our lives? I think the answer lies in patience and prayer." Ellyn Sanna
On Giving Thanks in the Thick of It
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment