Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"Divine Intervention"

Sometimes, I wonder what exactly God is up to, you know? I know that He is at work in my life, because it is evidenced every day, but sometimes I find myself asking Him--"what exactly are you up to Lord?" Today, I had the pleasure of meeting a woman, an 85 year old God fearing woman. Her daughter knows me and knows about mine and Mark's journey to try to start a family. This sweet lady owns a vitamin store, and she recommended several things for me to try, but that wasn't the biggest blessing I received. She made sure her daughter came back in my office after they had already walked to the car to tell me that she didn't think it was by chance that we met today. Her daughter told me that her mother prays all the time...sometimes so much that it makes her physically tired....and now I was on her prayer list. What an incredible blessing....the blessing of prayer. I have thought about this lady all day. I went by her store, where she had me some mega multi-vitamins waiting for me, and I purchased some of the things she mentioned to me...but the thing I took away from our meeting was much more than that. Don't you know God was smiling at that little lady as she offered her prayers for someone she barely knew? I want to be that kind of Christian. I try to be that faithful in my prayer, but I know I fall short every day. She gave me something to think about, strive for, and most of all, she gave me hope.
Mark and I know two families who are struggling right now: one lost a 3 year old child, and one has a loved one in the hospital and it is not looking good for him. Please pray for their families. I cannot even imagine the loss of a child, and I know that God is the only one who can comfort them right now. The other family really needs prayers of understanding and peace as well.

"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor the devil says Oh crap, she's up!"

No comments:

Post a Comment