Monday, March 1, 2010

Amazing

Well, where do I begin...there are some amazing things happening all around me! First of all, God has been seriously in my face lately. :) I am very happy about that. He is working in my life, as well as in several people's lives that I know. For starters, I have someone in my family who has struggled with pregnancy loss--besides me, that is. I have had this couple on my mind...alot. I was listening to a CD one day, and I got the sudden urge to send them this CD. At the time, I didn't know if they would even like Third Day, but I just had a feeling they needed to hear it. This is where the "if you think God is telling you to do something do it" comes into play. I rode around with the CD that I had bought for them for like a month. I finally got the nerve to send it to them, and imagine this---they loved it. It has opened the lines of communication with them that I have never had before. Not only did the CD bless their lives, but they have been such a blessing to me, as well. God puts people in your lives for a reason..so don't be like me and try to ignore the urge to do something He's telling you to do.

Everyone knows Marlee. She is one of our spirited nieces. This child is absolutely a blessing. She is funny, smart, and beautiful. Well, Sunday night I got a phone call from her that went like this: "Aunt Kelly, guess what I did tonight? I asked Jesus into my heart." I was beyond thrilled. That is something that I will always remember. She is so excited, and so are we! She is 8 years old...the exact same age that I was when I asked Jesus into my heart after a Judgment House. I have no doubt that her decision at such a young age has everything to do with her parents. My sister and brother-in-law are great examples, not only for their children, but for everyone who knows them. Your decision to trust in Jesus Christ is the single most important decision that you will ever make. Mark and I could not be happier that Marlee has made this awesome decision. I will post the song that Marlee wrote about God after she made this decision as soon as I can get it.

It is an amazing feeling when you know that God is at work in your life and in those around you. I know I always feel like as long as He is still working on me, then I am in pretty good shape. I know that I am exactly where I am supposed to be. I know some people who are hurting right now. All of them are facing different problems whether it be pregnancy loss, loss of a loved one, a difficult marriage, depression....yes, all very different problems, but the answer is the same. Put your faith in someone other than yourself, because the strength you need to make it thru these problems only comes from one source.

This quote is what is on my calendar for March: "God wants to use you to make a difference in the world. He wants to work through you.What matters is not the duration of your life, but the donation of it. Not how long you lived, but how you lived." With all that is going on in my life, this could not be more perfect. I am ready for Him to use me. It makes me feel special. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment