Monday, April 5, 2010

"Just as He said."

He is risen! What a wonderful Easter weekend.

Saturday, Mark and I went and bought a new toy...a truck to play with in the woods! I will post pictures, post paint-job. Haha. It is something that alot of our friends are doing, so naturally, Mark wanted us to have one too. I'm looking forward to it. He has wanted me to go with him for a while now, so I get to go now. Later Saturday afternoon, we had Easter at Mrs. Jane's house. The food was wonderful, as usual. The afternoon was ended with the annual egg dying contest--Cole judged this year, and he picked Will and Mimi--his two favorite people!! Just kidding...their eggs were ok. Haha. After that, we headed to Christie & Tuggies to hang out. Marlee entertained us with her version of the "pothole" commercial. The child is hilarious. We had to call several family members and let her tell them. We ended the evening with a game of dirty board. Some people may not know what dirty board is, and you don't know what you are missing. It is one of the most addictive games ever. This is a homemade game, similar to Sorry. One of my favorite people in the world gave it to me...Mink. I could do an entire blog entry on Mink--and how wonderful she is---note to self, tell everyone about Mink. :) For now, I will just say that she is the amazing Grandmother of one of my bestest friends, and she adopted all of us as her grandchildren too.
Sunday, we got up E-A-R-L-Y for church. We attended Cropwell Baptist Church with our family. It was awesome. Brother Phillip did a great job. We followed up the service with Sunday school, taught by Tug. I am so proud of Christie and Tuggie. They give so much with their Christian spirit. It makes me so thankful to have a Christian family. It makes all the difference in the world. After church, we had lunch at Christie's. Wendy, Hollie, John & Heather, and Mrs. Harmon joined us. It was wonderful. We had so much fun from jumping on the trampoline, to hiding/hunting eggs, to jamming out to the old school boom box. I am pretty sure that was one of the best Easters we have had in a long time. It was a jam-packed weekend--full of family and love--just the way I like it!

"Easter says you can put truth in a grave, but it won't stay there. " ~Clarence W. Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment