Friday, June 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Sister!!

Today, is one of my sister's birthday. Wendy is 29...again!! :p We are all going out to eat to celebrate tonight, and I am excited. I guess my Mom is going to have to bump up a few years in age though...considering she has been 29 and holding for as long as I can remember. Haha.

The definition of family (from wikipedia) :an exclusive group of people who share a close relationship. Even though that is true, it is so much more than that to me. To me, a family is more about the individual relationships that exist between everybody in the family. I have always been thankful for the family that God blessed me with, because hey, let's be honest--you don't get to pick your family. haha. He could have put me in any family in the world, but he chose mine, and I am so glad He did. Having sisters means that no matter what, someone has my back. They are always there when I need them. They are always on my side. If someone hurts one of us...you had better watch out. Most of the time, Wendy is the sweet one, Christie is the level-headed one, and I am the emotional one. I don't think you can be the baby by 12 years and not be the emotional one. We all play our parts. Many people may let us down, but we will always have each other. The most important thing to remember, in my opinion, is that if someone lets you down repeatedly, try not to let it consume you. There are plenty of people who love you enough not to do that. Cherish those people...and pray for the rest. Today, and every day, I am thankful for my sisters.
A big shoutout to my sister Wendy! Happy birthday! I hope it is the best one yet. You deserve it. You are a wonderful wife, mother, sister, and friend. I'm blessed to call you family.

" Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So, love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said that it'd be easy, they just promised it would be worth it." Author unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment