Thursday, June 3, 2010

4 Years!


Four years ago, I married my best friend. I know for a fact that God had everything to do with that. Today, I am just so thankful for him. We have always been so close...even in high school. I never thought we could ever be any closer...until we got married. Through laughter and tears, I can honestly say that I am a better person because of my husband. You never know what life has in store for you, but everything is so much better when you have someone by your side, who loves you more than anything.


Yesterday, we began celebrating with a phone call from Marlee. She called to wish us a "Happy one day early anniversary." How cute is that? Last night, Mark got off really late. On his way home, he told me that he was tired and starving. He came in, and immediately changed out of his "browns", when he saw a big blue package on the guest bed with a card for him on top. Of course, I couldn't resist but to tell him the card was for him, but the present was Wendy's birthday present. ( hey, I have to get my kicks where I can.) I eventually let him open his present early...a remote control "rock crawler" from the Hobby store by our house. This thing even has working lights on it...I must say he nominated me for wife of the year...and I can handle that. :) He was so surprised. He completely forgot about being tired and hungry and began playing with this thing like a little kid on Christmas morning.


This morning, I don't know if it was the truck or what, but I got the sweetest note on our kitchen counter. He made me cry before work--tears of absolute joy, of course. I know this entire blog entry is so completely sappy, but hey, I'm in love...what can I say? You can all go throw up now...I won't be offended. :)


"Golden rings (golden ring) with one tiny little stone, waiting there (waiting there) for someone to take you home. By itself (by itself) it's just a cold metallic thing. Only love can make a golden wedding ring." ~George Jones and Tammy Wynette


"Forever, you're apart of me. Forever, in the heart of me. And I'll hold you even longer if I can." Diamond Rio

1 comment: