Thursday, June 3, 2010

"Toes in the Water, Toes in the Sand"


We had an absolute blast at the beach with Jodi and Patrick. BP didn't ruin our vacation, but I'm glad we went when we did. It was total relaxation on the beach, with a few games of wiffle ball thrown in the mix. We had great food every night, and Mark and I slept with the balcony door cracked, so we could hear the waves all night. It was perfect. Perfect, besides the fact that Patrick and I looked like lobsters after Sat. Let's just say we got the most out of what the sun had to offer.

We ran into some really good friends who we don't see often enough at dinner Sunday night. Laura, one of my sorority sisters, remains one of the most fun people I know. We were shaking it like a salt shaker, until the lead singer became a little more than we could handle. Otherwise, an awesome night, with amazing friends. Patrick and Mark were treated to a wonderful production of "Soul Sister" on the way home...to the top of our lungs. It was great.

Of course, no beach trip would be complete without a little turkey hunting in the living room...and a moonlit walk on the beach...and crabbing!

Coming home is always bittersweet. I love the traveling, but I miss my dogs! They were so happy to see us. Big shout out, to Brotherinlaw for taking care of my babies while we were gone. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm just now reading this! I loved seeing y'all and I love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete