Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Give Thanks




This is our Thanksgiving for today. Today, we are thankful for our dogs. I know to some this sounds silly, but our dogs are apart of our family. They are like our children...furbabies if you will. Sometimes in life, you need someone to be there for you, not ask any questions, and love you unconditionally. Well, this is exactly what you can expect from your dogs. When I have a bad day, and I come home emotionally drained, my dogs are right there to love me--all over my face! Sometimes that is what you need. Abby and Rowdy have seen us through some difficult times, and like I said, that may sound silly to some people...but not to us. Rowdy came into my life when I really needed some cheer. We had just suffered through a miscarriage, and let's be honest, I was totally devastated. I am pretty sure that is the only reason Mark agreed to another dog. I needed something to keep my mind busy..and man did I get what I bargained for with her!! She not only kept me busy though, she needed me. Abby is so self-sufficient that is scary...but Rowdy really needed me...and loved me. So, we are so thankful for our little angels. They make life so much more fun.




Other things we are thankful for:


Jesus Christ, Hunting, Diet Coke, Alabama Football, Family, Good Health, Our jobs, Our home, Our marriage, Friends, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Our freedom, & Chinese food.




"Grace isn't a little prayer you chant before a meal, it is a way to live."




"Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving." W.T. Purkiser

No comments:

Post a Comment