Friday, November 20, 2009

Giving Thanks

Have you ever started thanking God for all that he has blessed you with...and started to feel totally undeserving? This is me. I have been blessed to the moon and back with my husband, family, friends, Alabama football (let's be honest...He could have made me an Auburn fan--Yuk!) ...the list goes on and on. Good health, our dogs, the unconditional love and mercy of Jesus Christ, forgiveness, hope, love, our home, our jobs, our faith, beautiful sunny days, weekends to relax/hang out with friends/family/each other, Christian family who prays for us daily, Christmas and the blessing it brings, the "little miracles" in life that often go unnoticed...I could literally go on and on. I am just plain thankful.
This is a song that is out now, and I just love the lyrics. It is also really cool that it is a collaboration between Kenny Chesney and Dave Matthews.

"I'm Alive" by Kenny Chesney and Dave Matthews
So damn easy to say that life's so hard
Everybody's got their share of battle scars
As for me, I'd like to thank my lucky stars that
I'm alive and well.

It'd be easy to add up all the pain
And all the dreams you've sat and watched go up in flames
Dwell on the wreckage as it smolders in the rain
But not me, I'm alive.

And today you know that's good enough for me
Breathing in and out's a blessing can't you see
Today's the first day of the rest of my life
And I'm alive and well
I'm alive and well.

Stars are dancin' on the water here tonight
It's good for the soul when there's not a soul in sight
This motor's caught its wind and brought me back to life
Now I'm alive and well.

And today, you know that's good enough for me
Breathing in and out's a blessing can't you see
Today's the first day of the rest of my life
Now, I'm alive and well
Yeah I'm alive and well.

No comments:

Post a Comment