Well, last weekend, I went to the Alabama/LS-Who game!! It was awesome. I totally missed my side-kick (Mark went hunting in South Alabama), but I had an awesome time nonetheless. Bama laid the smack down on the LSU tigers. It was a really great feeling to Rammer Jammer those fans....and that big-headed coach of theirs. I guess you can tell that I really don't care for them at all.
My Mom, sister Christie, and niece Marlee came and stayed with me Friday night, since I am a big baby when it comes to staying by myself! It was so much fun. It is really scary how much Marlee acts like me. Saturday, Mom, Marlee, and Hollie came and stayed with me. Those girls are precious! We got up and went to find a newspaper early Sunday morning before church...of course...I mean I wanted to see it in writing--"Bama takes the West!" I am trying to show the girls the importance of being an avid football fan even though you are a girl!
Yesterday was Veterans Day. What an important holiday. There are so many men and women out there that have put or are putting their lives on the line, so that we may have the freedom that we all to often take for granted. I am so proud to be an American, and I am so proud that we have men and women that will stand up to preserve our liberties. I am also very proud that my two Grandfathers served in WWII. The stories that they can both tell are unreal. I have written before about my Pawpaw that has Alzheimer's. One of the things that this terrible disease has not taken from him are his memories of the war. He can tell you in great detail different situations of the war. One of the things that he tells me most often is how cold it was. That is the thing about war....our soldiers bring home the memories of the good and bad. I just hope the people in our country truly appreciate the sacrifices that our soldiers make in order for us to live freely....whether you believe in war or not.
This weekend, we are going to the Alabama/Mississippi State game! I am very excited because I have never been to this stadium! It should be alot of fun. I just hope they don't get to ring their cowbells very much. I think our defense will be ready for their spread offense....I hope so anyway. I think it will help us prepare for Florida!! Let's get ready to rumble!! SEC football at its finest!
"Never take life seriously. No one gets out alive anyway."
On Giving Thanks in the Thick of It
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment