Friday, October 22, 2010

A great weekend ahead!!

To start off, I had a birthday this week! I turned the big 2-8! :) I had a wonderful birthday. My mom, sister, niece and nephew came into town and spent the night with us. Isn't it funny how your birthday can just be an ordinary day, and then it is made so much better by having family to spend it with!! Mark didn't have to work too late, so that was good. They all made me feel pretty special...they are pretty good at that.

Well, alot has gone on this week, and I didn't even do my weekly blog about the pregnancy!! What can I say, I am getting a little forgetful...or ALOT forgetful. I told Mark that Reid is taking my brain cells one at a time. I have done some pretty funny things...funny to Mark and me anyway. I guess it is best to just laugh at myself. I had heard that some people say pregnancy brain is a myth...well those people are crazy. It is hilarious some of the things I find myself doing. I made a bowl of ice cream the other night. I opened the refrigerator to get the milk, poured the milk into the ice cream, put the milk back and went into the living room to watch tv. 10 minutes later, Mark said, "Kel, why is the refrigerator door open??" I said, "I guess b/c I'm losing my mind!" Too funny. It has been one thing after the other, and all I can do is laugh at myself.

This weekend, we will be having a party for one of my very best friends who is getting married in 2 weeks!! I am so excited for her...for both of them. Mark and I have known Patrick and Jodi for a very long time, and to see these 2 tie the knot is going to be wonderful. I can't wait to see everybody!! We are blessed with a great group of friends, and it is always fun when we get together. I will try and take pictures, so I can update later...maybe if I don't forget the camera. ;)

Now, for week 22's blog...

22 Weeks
How far along? 22 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Total 14 lbs.
Maternity clothes? Yes
Stretch marks? No
Sleep? Love it! I am getting more energy lately though.
Movement: Yes! He moves all the time...especially after I eat.
Food cravings: Spicy
Gender: A BOY!!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
What I miss: Being able to find clothes I like.
What I am looking forward to: Everything...except the sugar test at my next appointment. YUK!
Weekly Wisdom: Love can truly heal your heart.
Milestones: Marlee got to feel Reid on Friday!! It was so cute. She is the only one besides Mark who has felt him. She had been asking me over and over if he was moving. Well, he finally started moving around,  she put her hand on my stomach, and he kicked her!! Her face was priceless!! She said "I totally felt that!!"

Those who can laugh without cause have either found the true meaning of happiness or have gone stark raving mad. ~Norm Papernick


Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open. ~John Barrymore

No comments:

Post a Comment