Friday, October 15, 2010

"Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Day"

Today, October 15th, is "Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Day." Obviously, this is something that I hold close to my heart. Each year, about a million pregnancies end in miscarriage, still birth, or newborn death. The couples and families who face this are completely devastated. Please take some time out of your day today to say a prayer for those who are struggling with a loss. It is always hard for me to wrap my mind around why this happens, but the only thing I know for sure is that God sees the big picture and He is in control. He doesn't make mistakes, and He loves us very much. It's still so very hard to deal with though.

Many men/women around the United States will be lighting a candle in remembrance of their little ones tonight at 7:00 pm--"the wave of light." I remember lighting ours last year...thinking that I wasn't sure if we would ever be parents. This October 15th is made alot easier with every kick from Reid, but I will never forget the struggle we had. I have several friends and family members who have struggled and are struggling right now with this same issue. My prayers are with them today and always. God can give peace like no one else can...and sometimes that is all we can ask of Him. 

In an effort to bring more light to this tough issue, and remove some of the stigma/taboo, a website has been formed.... Iamtheface.org. Yes, this is a very sad issue, but it is also a very real issue that affects at least 2,000 men/women each day. Please, please, please offer these people your prayers.

With a very grateful heart, I will be remembering my little ones today, as I do every day, and I am living proof that LOVE truly does heal your heart.



"Today, give a stranger one of your smiles.  It might be the only sunshine he sees all day." ~P.S. I Love You

 "Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Philippians 4:6

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."

Ephesians 3:16-19
"I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment