Wednesday, December 22, 2010

31 Weeks!!

                                                                                   This thumb sure is good!
    

                                                    
  A little smile for the camera...                                                      
                                          How about a little privacy here, please?
                                          My precious baby boy...can't wait to meet you angel.

Well, we had our 4D ultrasound yesterday. Memaw, Mimi, and Marlee went with me...Mark couldn't get off work. Marlee has been asking to go to an appointment with me for a while now, so I am very glad it worked out that she could go. She told me that it was an early Christmas present getting to see Reid. :) Mom and Mrs. Jane were thrilled too...and of course, I was one proud Momma. It was one of the coolest things ever...getting to watch your baby in real time...in 4D...in your belly. CRAZY! I almost didn't do this because I thought that some of the pictures I had seen were a little creepy, but I am so glad we did it. Our lady got some great pictures of him. We watched him suck his thumb & knuckles, watched him blinking, smiling, smirking, yawning, and sticking his tongue out. It was awesome. He has chubby little cheeks and our pug nose. He was absolutely perfect...God is so good. I am so thankful for this child that it is really hard to explain. He was made especially for Mark and me...sent to us from Heaven. I have wondered if I would ever walk into an ultrasound room and feel "safe" again after all of the bad ones we have had, and I must say that yesterday was one of the first times I didn't even think about the bad ones. The excitement and joy was immeasurable, and I will never forget it.  As soon as Mark got home from work, we watched all of it again on the computer. He couldn't believe it...too cool. Very, very thankful.

WEEK 31
How far along? 31 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Haven't weighed this week.
Maternity clothes? Yes
Stretch marks? No
Sleep? I have gotten up at least twice every night this week...not too bad I don't guess. I am waking up earlier and earlier though.
Movement: Yes, he moves all the time. Now, after the ultrasound, I know that it is his little butt and his feet I am feeling in my ribs.
Food cravings: Cereal...Peanut Butter Captain Crunch to be exact.
Gender: A BOY!!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In, but it is getting more shallow.
What I miss: I get so tired...shopping is not the same....nor is anything else.
What I am looking forward to: Finishing up his nursery...wall art etc.
Weekly Wisdom: There are so many people who want children and have a hard time. It doesn't come easy for everyone. Offering prayer is one of the nicest things you can do for them...telling them to "just relax and it will happen" may seem appropriate but it's really not. When you feel like this miracle may not ever happen, you need hope...the best way for hope, in my opinion, are success stories and lots of prayer.
Milestones: The 4D ultrasound. It was amazing!!

Psalm 100: 1-5   Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth. 2 Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. 3 Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his[a]; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. 4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. 5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."

- Aesop (c.550 B.C.)

No comments:

Post a Comment