Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Week 29 and ALOT more!!

I have gotten pretty busy with everything going on, and I haven't updated this in a while! We have alot to be thankful for this Christmas Season. Alot of you may not know, but while we were in Gatlinburg, Tn in November, Mark fainted in the bathroom. I rushed in there with him, and he came right to. However, he was having tightness and pain in his chest. We went to the ER and spent the day with the nice people there, who took excellent care of him. When we got there, they realized that his heart had actually gone into atrial fibrillation (commonly called A-fib). This is very scary because if they can't "convert" your heart into a normal rhythm with medication, it has to be "shocked" back into rhythm. Thankfully, they were able to do this by medication, and his heart has been in rhythm since. When we got back to Bham, we went to a specialist who ran a ton of tests, and the only thing they found was a mild case of mitral valve prolapse. They also did a tilt test that showed when he lies flat for a period of time and gets up fast, his heart rate doesn't speed up enough to balance out his low blood pressure. (thus causing him to faint) He has been out of work since all of this happened, and we are proud to say he has gone back today!! :) He has been stir crazy since he hasn't been able to drive anywhere!!

You never know what lies in store for you each day you get up...I am certain that I didn't think that I would be in the ER with Mark having irregular heart problems, but I can tell you that we were not there alone. It's crazy that no matter how much you pray on a daily basis, the Lord never hears from you more than when something goes wrong. I prayed and prayed that day...the Dr's were asking if anyone in Mark's family had ever died suddenly of a heart attack at a young age...and it scared me to death. I remember specifically telling God that I knew that He loved Mark more than even I did...which is so strange to me. I can't imagine the love that God has for us. He heard my prayer that day, and Mark has been doing great. We are so thankful for His healing hand. :)

On the baby front, Reid has been growing, growing and so has his mom! I am having another ultrasound on Monday because he is measuring 3 weeks ahead. We will see if he is going to be a huge baby, or if it might be extra fluid. Please pray that everything is going great either way. His kicks are so strong now...he makes my entire belly shake!! It's amazing.

We had our first "baby shower" this Sunday. It was so nice. Mark's family in Heflin hosted it, and we got lots of nice things. Baby showers are so much more fun than wedding showers!! He is going to be one well dressed kid. Thanks to all of you who came...we are blessed to call you family!

29 WEEKS
How far along? 29 Weeks

Total weight gain/loss: 21 lbs
Maternity clothes? Yes

Stretch marks? No

No Sleep? Pretty good. I wake up really early though...bathroom run!
Movement: Yes, he moves all the time...particularly in the morning and evening..and after meals.
Food cravings: Sweets!
Gender: A BOY!!

Labor Signs: No, but I had my first round with Braxton Hicks, and it was scary.

Belly Button in or out? In, but it is getting more shallow.

What I miss: Shopping in normal stores.
What I am looking forward to: Ultrasound on Monday.
Weekly Wisdom: Thank God for every little thing...even the trials... because that is where your faith/strength come from. It's hard to do this, but I find myself reassured that God is still working on me, and He cares enough about me to build on our relationship with one another even when it's thru trials.

Milestones: There is a crib in our nursery and a cradle in our bedroom!!! It is so exciting!

2 comments:

  1. Oh sweetie, how scary for you and Mark! I am glad he is feeling better and hope this never happens again. I will also be thinking about you as you have these ultrasounds coming up. Sounds like you may just have a big boy on your hands:) PS- I do not enjoy braxton hicks contractions. I also think they are scary:(

    ReplyDelete