Friday, December 17, 2010

Week 30 and Christmas is right around the corner! :)

This is my absolute favorite time of year. I know I say that during football season, but Christmas holds a very special place in my heart. We get to see family who we don't see often enough, eat great food, and most importantly remember that incredible night that Jesus was born. There is just something about Christmastime that fills my heart with so much love, hope, & joy. I am so thankful for the blessings that we have had this year in our family. I know I can't list everything I am thankful for, but these are the ones that are on my mind most this Christmas season:
First of all, the blessing of Christmas, and everything Christ brought with him into the world. What an amazing gift...
The best friend and husband I have in Mark. I can't wait to see him in action as a Dad to Reid...he is going to be amazing.
Our little boy who is kicking me more everyday...and I love every minute of it.
Good health for my family...overall. For the most part, we are a pretty healthy bunch, although we have had some scares this year.
Grandparents...thankful for their love and funny stories.
Like I said, these are just a few things on my mind this Christmas...

On the baby front, I just want to tell you about my ultrasound Tuesday. My sister Christie went with me..and we had a ball watching Reid put his foot in his mouth!! Yes, that's right, we have a toe sucker!! It was amazing to see his little profile. I will have to put some pictures on here later. The reason he was measuring a little bigger on the fundal height measurement is because I have a little extra fluid...not alot but a little. Dr. B said it was fine...nothing to worry about. He measured right on target at the ultrasound. We go in for our 4D on Tuesday too...I'm not sure how I feel about those things. They are cool and all...but a little creepy if you ask me.

WEEK 30
How far along? 30 Weeks

Total weight gain/loss: 23 lbs
Maternity clothes? Yes
Stretch marks? No
 Sleep? Not very good this week. I have been waking up at random times to go to the restroom, and then I can't go back to sleep.
Movement: Yes, he moves all the time...particularly in the morning and evening..and after meals.
Food cravings: Sweets!
Gender: A BOY!!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In, but it is getting more shallow.
What I miss: I get so tired...shopping is not the same....nor is anything else.
What I am looking forward to: 4D Ultrasound Tuesday.
Weekly Wisdom: Be kinder than necessary to everyone you meet...you never know what that other person may be going thru. I met a lady in one of my closings yesterday, and she gave me a little perspective to say the least. God is really blessing her right now, and I think she deserves it hands down!!
Milestones: Seeing that sweet boy on the ultrasound...so precious.

"The greatest gift you will ever receive will never be found under a Christmas tree. It is far too valuable to be stored in any other place but in the depths of your heart." Anonymous

Larry Libby, Christmas Stories for the Heart

"Late on a sleepy, star-spangled night, those angels peeled back the sky just like you would tear open a sparkling Christmas present. Then, with light and joy pouring out of Heaven like water through a broken dam, they began to shout and sing the message that baby Jesus had been born. The world had a Savior! The angels called it "Good News," and it was."

No comments:

Post a Comment