Monday, August 10, 2009

Family, Friends, and alot of fun!!

Emily and I--hands on hips. :)

The girls

The Hubs and I

The beautiful Bride to be and I
Tiff and Charlie

Friday night, we hung out with my in-laws. We were all very excited about football season, and we caught wind that there was a group going to the Mississippi State game. (an away game on November 14th) So, we decided to go too!! :) I am very excited about this because I have never been to that stadium. I am hoping to go to all of the schools of the SEC at least once in my lifetime...and this will make me one step closer.
Saturday, I went to my grandparents house in Gardendale. Some of you may know that my grandfather (Pawpaw) has Alzheimer's. This is a very sad disease, and unless you know someone who has been through it, it is hard to understand just how bad it is. There are good days and bad days...and the bad ones will break your heart. I just hope that if you know anyone who has Alzheimer's, please be supportive not only to the family that is affected, but also to the actual person suffering this terrible disease. I can't imagine sitting in a room with people who are really nice to me and all...but I have no clue who they are. It must be very sad and very scary. My Pawpaw is a real character though. He constantly tells me about the war--he is a World War 2 vet and can tell you everything about it. He also makes jokes about my Mawmaw---ones that she doesn't appreciate but are nonetheless very funny. I got so upset when I left there Saturday because it breaks my heart that he doesn't know me...but then again I am very fortunate that he is still around to visit with me. If you know someone suffering from this...give them a big hug!
Saturday night, we had a party for some of our best friends--Tiff and Charlie. We had so much fun. They got alot of nice gifts, we ate some really good food, and we got to see some of our very best friends! It was a blast. I am so thankful for our group of friends...we as Tiff's mom so sweetly put it---are a family. We are there for each other through the good and the bad times. I know that I have leaned on them through heartache that I have faced....and they have also been there to celebrate when it is time to celebrate. That is what friends are for!! Tiff and Charlie--it is time to celebrate!! Two months until your wedding day--oh my goodness! So many fun times are ahead, and I am so excited to be apart of it. Marriage is so much fun...it is a special gift. Enjoy every minute of it.















2 comments:

  1. I just want you and Mark to know how much I love ya'll, you mean the world to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom, you are so sweet. We love you so much. :)

    ReplyDelete