Monday, September 27, 2010

"Snips and snails, and puppy dog tails..."


"That's what little BOYS are made of!!" We are so excited to be expecting a son! We went to the Dr. on Wednesday, and we got to witness the coolest, most amazing thing ever. Our little boy has grown SO much! It was so amazing to see him moving around, wiggling his little arms and legs. Watching his heart beating pretty much took our breath away. The only words Mark could get out was "It's amazing." Those words pretty much summed up the entire appointment. I find myself thinking about this baby boy that the Lord has blessed us with, and I get the greatest joy in my heart that I have ever felt. With tear-filled eyes, Mark and I walked out of our Dr's appointment happy and thankful. :) We just can't wait to meet him! We love him so much already.

19 WEEKS

How far along? 19 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Down one lb from last week...so 9 lbs.
Maternity clothes? They are becoming more and more necessary.
Stretch marks? No
Sleep? I slept GREAT last night. I'm hoping it wasn't totally random.
Movement: YES! It is awesome. I am feeling him more and more.
Food cravings: Really starting to want sweeter things, which I haven't wanted so far.
Gender: A BOY!!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
What I miss: This week...nothing I can think of really.
What I am looking forward to: Everything. Picking out our nursery furniture, bedding, and let's not forget--giving this kid a name!
Weekly Wisdom: Having bad Dr's appointments in the past make you appreciate the good ones so much. :)
Milestones: Seeing our baby again, and finding out that we are having a SON!

"Build me a son, O Lord, who will be strong enough to know when he is weak, and brave enough to face himself when he is afraid, one who will be proud and unbending in honest defeat, and humble and gentle in victory." Douglas MacArthur

"Twinkle twinkle
little boy
how you fill my heart
with joy."
Melissa

2 comments:

  1. Yay for baby boys! What a cute u/s pic! You must be so excited:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We are so excited!! You will find out soon, right? It makes it so real! :)

    ReplyDelete